Just like their larger cousins, small Cockatoos are extremely affectionate, intelligent, and inquisitive birds.
They are very active and curious about their environment. Therefore, you need to provide your feathery pal with a vast cage where he can spend most of his time examining and manipulating his toys.
These parrots are also avid climbers so opt for a cage with some horizontal bars on the sides to ease climbing.
Because of their loving nature, small cockatoos have a very high need for attention and interaction. In fact, these birds thrive only if you devote enough time to, properly, look after them.
Last but not least, small Cockatoos are extremely good at figuring out how to unlock cage doors. Opt for cages that have an advanced, bird-proof, locking mechanism.
This large cage from Topeakmart is a great example of quality craftsmanship at its finest. It combines both practicality and sturdiness.
This cage offers heaps of room for your feathery pal to keep all sorts of toys, fly, play around, and explore his environment.
The enclosure is also super sturdy and reliable; crafted out of premium metal covered with non-toxic hammertone paint to ensure great durability as well as your parrot’s safety.
Escaping from this cage is definitely impossible thanks to the thoughtful design this cage has. The main door is secured by a heavy-duty button lock with bars above every feeding door to prevent your escape artist from manipulating the locks.
You can easily replenish the feeding bowls without opening the main door thanks to these feeding doors that offer immediate access inside the cage.
The lower part of the cage is secured by bars to improve security and prevent the parrot from escaping.
The open-top design guarantees better interaction between you and your feathery pal by setting up a perch on the roof.
Not to mention the four heavy-duty casters to facilitate maneuvering, the seed guard, and the pull-out bottom tray to contain your bird’s mess.
Features and benefits
- A solid, welded metal, construction to ensure great durability and sturdiness. It is coated with non-toxic hammertone paint so that your feathery pal could safely chew the bars.
- A convenient feeding system that offers direct access to the feeding bowls through small feeding doors without having to open the main door.
- The open-top design opens a window for a great interaction between you and your parrot.
- A practical combination of vertical and horizontal bars on the sides of the cage to provide a unique climbing experience for your feathery pal.
- Additional bars to secure the lower part of the cage and feeding doors in order to prevent your cage from escaping or manipulating the locks.
- A seed guard and a slide-out bottom tray to make cleaning an easy task.
- The four, easy-sliding, wheels make moving the heavy cage almost effortless.
- Solid and durable construction.
- Opens the window for great interaction.
- Your bird cannot escape.
- Offers heaps of room.
- Easy to clean, move, and look after.
- The black hammertone finish makes the cage look kind of worn.
- Size: 32 x 30 x 61
- Bar spacing: 1″
- Brand: Topeakmart
We think that this is as close to perfect as you can get when it comes to an enclosure for your small cockatoo. It provides your feathery pal with everything he needs to thrive as a pet.
Yet, keep in mind that you still need to devote lots of time for interaction and looking after your bird.