Parakeets are every beginner’s first choice. They are smaller species of the parrot family who are friendly, quiet, and effortless to look after.
Parakeets are very active, and therefore, they need a large cage to fly around and enjoy their stay. They also need lots of toys to stay entertained and always in the mood for interaction.
Parakeets are also known for being avid chewers. Thus, you must provide them with a stainless, parrot-safe, steel cage to stay safe.
Parakeets tend to rest in corners. Therefore, a dome-style cage won’t be much appropriate for them. Opt for a rectangular enclosure to give them as much space and freedom while manoeuvring.
You can keep more than a single parakeet in here, and they will all have enough room and privacy. This cage features a spacious interior with a crazy 31 x 20.5 x 53” measurement.
Aside from the large room it provides, its sturdiness is unparalleled by any other cage for small birds in the market. The wrought-iron construction of this birdcage gives it extreme durability and stability.
The 1/2” wire spacing makes this cage suitable for all types of parakeets; they can never break out nor get their heads stuck.
The wrought iron construction is painted with non-toxic paint to create a protective finish. Your parrot can chew the bars without any risks on his health.
The cage has a regular rectangular shape with corners in which parakeets like to rest. Finally, this flight cage is super easy to look after, clean, move, and access. It has a pull-out tray, an easy-sliding base on casters, and a grille.
Features and benefits
- Very spacious and offers enough room for multiple pet birds with a lot of toys. Your parrot will be able to flap his wings, fly, and play around comfortably.
- Sturdy and durable construction with a powder-coated finish that isn’t toxic and will ensure your parrot’s safety.
- It has a rectangular construction, much appreciated by Parakeets as it provides corners to rest, and enjoy the whole interior of the cage.
- A slide-out tray which makes cleaning the cage almost effortless.
- A bottom-shelf which adds extra storage space to keep all your bird’s needs at reach.
- An easy-sliding base on casters to easily move the cage from room to room and alternate between indoors and outdoors.
- Most economic cage in the market.
- Offers corners and heaps of room.
- A sturdy non-toxic construction.
- Easy to clean, move, and access.
- The locking mechanism is not quite practical.
- Wheels can’t be locked.
- Assembly instructions are not provided.
- Size: 31 x 20.5 x 53 inches
- Bar spacing: 1/2″
- Brand: Prevue Hendryx Pet Products
Overall, we guarantee that this cage will be a perfect choice for those who are looking for a large enclosure to house multiple Parakeets or even spoil their lonely feathery pal. It is also quite a great deal price-wise so make sure to seize it.