Looking after a large cockatoo is way harder than a cat or a dog. These giant parrots are some of the most emotionally and mentally complicated pets to deal with. It is quite hard to keep up with the special needs of these birds, and therefore, they need a lot of resources and experience.
Large Cockatoos need an incredibly spacious cage. Your feathery pal must be able to turn around, flap his wings, and fly comfortably. They also need constant attention; they need to know that you’re around almost all the time. Opt for a cage with an interactive play-top that opens a great window for interaction. Cockatoos are cuddly birds and like to spend time with their owners. However, make sure the cage isn’t much taller than you. Otherwise, your parrot will feel dominant and misbehave.
Large cockatoos have insanely strong beaks; they are capable of bending bars, destroying nuts, wooden toys, and even human flesh. Therefore, they need a heavily-barred cage with super sturdy and reliable construction.
Minimum Cage Size For Large Cockatoos
The minimum cage size for a large cockatoo should be 36″ x 48″ x 48″
The bar spacing for the cage should be 1″ to 1.5″
Things to look out for
• A large cage is never enough for a large cockatoo. Opt for the largest cage possible as it will make it a much better experience having him as a companion.
• The cage should be made from a sturdy and durable material because large cockatoos are known for their strong curved bills that can bend the bars.
• Cage ought to preferably have some horizontal bars to ease climbing.
• Cages should be placed in a room that is frequently visited by family members because Cockatoos need a huge daily dose of socialization.
With a beautiful dome-top design, your feathery pal will have heaps of room and an insane amount of comfort to enjoy his life to the fullest.
The powder-coated steel construction is sturdy and durable, to say the least. It will surely withstand your strong parrot’s abuse for years.
The cage has an amazing combination of vertical and horizontal bars on the sides to offer your feathery pal a unique climbing experience. It also comes with a super-strong wooden perch, three stainless-steel feeding bowls, and a skirt.
The cage also has a seed guard, a slide-out bottom tray, and an easy-sliding base on casters to effortlessly look after your parrot’s hygiene and move his cage easily.
Features and benefits
- A heavily-barred, powder-coated, steel construction. Even the strong curved beak of a large cockatoo won’t be able to bend the bars.
- A beautiful dome-top design that provides heaps of space for your feathery pal to play and climb comfortably.
- A practical combination of vertical and horizontal bars on the sides of the cage to provide a unique climbing experience for your feathery pal.
- Offered in a variety of fashionable high-gloss powder coat finishes to make sure that it fits perfectly in your home.
- A seed guard and a slide-out bottom tray to make cleaning an easy task.
- The four, easy-sliding, wheels make moving the heavy cage almost effortless.
- Heavily barred and sturdy construction.
- Horizontal bars for an easy climbing.
- Offered in a variety of stylish finishes.
- Offers heaps of room.
- Easy to clean, move, and look after.
- Feeding doors’ latches can be opened by escape artists.
- Assembly can be hard due to the cage’s size.
- Size: 42 x 30 x 72 inches.
- Bar spacing: 1″
- Brand: Grande Bird Cages.
This fort from Grande Bird Cages is definitely one of the best enclosures to ever be built for large parrots and especially a large Cockatoo. With heaps of room and various features, your feathery pal’s wellbeing is guaranteed. It is worth every penny, don’t hesitate to choose what’s best for your parrot.